Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Day.Three.

Today was a GREAT day in KSACC! It was so refreshing to display Dr. Seuss books and when the students went to their activity centers, they chose READING center and looked and looked at the Dr. Seuss books. It was wonderful to watch them talk to each other about the books and illustrations. I read The Lorax to them today with a bit of hesitation. I didn't want them to miss the main message. As I read, the expressions of disgust and anger about the treatment of the Earth were so evident and encouraging. They are a smart group of kids. They always know how to make me smile!

After school, I headed to the dentist to get my cavities filled. BOOOOO! No one likes to have cavities and I haven't for at least ten years. Well, what is done is done (in terms of cavities) so off I went. I was a bit apprehensive because I have vivid memories of the shots and pain that I had as a child getting my teeth pulled, cavities filled, etc. My early dental life was full of office visits. My dentist was GREAT! He numbed me before I even got the shots! I didn't feel a thing. WHEW! I do have a strange feeling as if the numbed portion of my face is hanging all the way to the ground! It has worn off now, and I am back to my Diet Coke and dinner.

A few days ago, I saw The Vow in theaters. ((I recommend it)) There was a preview for a new Nicholas Sparks movie, The Lucky One. I was talking about it and my principal has the book! She lent it to me and I am on chapter 4. I figure I am going to read and then write every night. It is hard to turn off the TV, but it is worth it!  

There are many challenges day in and day out... but my goal to be a full time classroom teacher is so close! I know that if I take care of myself, my family, and my students, I will achieve that goal. 

 I wish running was included in the package! I haven't been able to make it to the gym at all this week... I need to get back into the habit. So busy and random things keep popping up. It is definitely an early night for me. These last few days have been exhausting! 
-Alexis-

2 comments:

  1. Really enjoy seeing this side of you! Keep blogging.

    Love, Aunt Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aunt Donna! Glad you are liking it! I enjoy sharing. <3

      Delete