Sunday, May 13, 2012

Day.Fifty.Nine.

So I have had a twitter account for a while now. I don't know what possessed me to get one, but it seemed interesting. So I did. After attending the Dublin Literacy Conference this year, we learned about our presenters and their twitter names. So, I added them.

Well let me preface this story...
At the Dublin Literacy Conference, I met Eric Litwin and James Dean, the author and illustrator of Pete the Cat! I bought the first two books and had them signed. I couldn't wait to go back to school and share them with my kiddos. They LOVE LOVE LOVE to dance, and these are the perfect books for movin' and shakin'. Well, Pete quickly became a staple in our classroom. (end of preface)

Back to today. Well, on twitter I received a wonderful text. A NEW PETE THE CAT WILL BE ON SALE MAY 1st! I was just like a kinder... super, super excited!

Well, with news this great, I had to share with my kids. So, I found the clip on youtube that had a preview of the new book. They loved the new groove and started a count down on the calendar for the new one! I was required to go to the Barnes and Noble that day to get it!

I will keep you updated!

-Alexis

No comments:

Post a Comment