Sunday, May 13, 2012

Day.Sixty.Five.

IT IS HERE!!!!! Pete the Cat and His Four Groovy Buttons!


Today was the day. After school, I headed to Barnes and Noble to pick up my reserved copy of the new Pete the Cat! As I was there, of course, I saw at least 10 books I would love to buy and use in my classroom. That is my true weakness.... book for my classroom. I love children's literature. Anyway.. back to Pete! So, as I was standing in line, a woman in front of me was talking to the cashier about how her daughter loves the books and she was excited to get her the next book. Well... she didn't have the new one. So, I thought I should tell her about the new release. She was grateful and went to buy the new one.

As soon as I got into my car, I couldn't just let it sit on the front seat as I drove home. I just HAD to read it and find out the ending. I am definitely a kid at heart. I couldn't wait. Well... I won't give away details, but the ending was FABULOUS! I chuckled a bit... and I know the kids will!

Tomorrow, I have jury duty. I should be able to be back in the room by the afternoon, so I will be sure to share it with my KSACC kiddos. They are going to love it!

Check it out online: http://www.harpercollinschildrens.com/feature/petethecat/

Happy Reading/Listening!
-Alexis

No comments:

Post a Comment