Sunday, March 11, 2012

Day.Fourteen.

Sunday. I really enjoy Sundays. Today, I had the chance to catch up with my best friend Michelle! We got to spend the morning together looking for maternity clothes for her ever-growing belly... the babies even gave me a little kick! They love me already. I really don't know where I would be in life if Michelle wasn't part of it, so today's blog... all about Michelle!

Michelle and I grew up in the same small town in the Ohio Valley. We didn't go to the same elementary school, but by middle school, our small private schools had dances for us together! We all would crowd into a church basement dancing in circles of girls and circles of boys. We really didn't become good friends until high school. Of course our lives were full of boy drama. Michelle drove me to school because she drove passed my house.. so why not! I will never forget the multiple car rides in her white corsica with the squeaky door. She drove me to school the day my mom slapped me for agreeing with her that morning that I was being a B*tch. Michelle just laughed as I got in the car! (thanks friend)

Senior year came and FLEW by. I knew I wanted to go to college, but didn't know where. Michelle said to me one day, I am going to Ohio Dominican. I respond, "cool, I'll go too!" (looking back.. wow.. what a way to handle that gigantic life-changing choice) We headed to ODU (parentless), two small town girls and we got lost. I mean REALLY lost! We were in downtown Columbus... scared! No one could help us either. We persevered and made it to ODU orientation at least an hour late. We got to the campus and we liked it. We were going to be roomies of course and we already had the room decor picked out! (Crazy Daisy of course...) College came and went. We spent so much time together and I wouldn't EVER change that experience. Michelle and I are a lot alike and we have our differences. We know how to work together well. (whether it would be on school work--both becoming teachers-- or at Hoggy's waiting on people and bringing them their BBQ) We grew up together and here we were in college. I met John one day at ODU and we hit it off pretty well! We would hang out a lot. Michelle and I really needed a change of pace in our relationships. (true story... what were we thinking!) So, John and I had a brilliant idea...set Michelle up with one of his friends. Well, the initial set-up didn't happen, but Michelle did find a friend she eventually fell in love with. Two friends dating two friends. (perfect scenario) Michelle and I always were there for each other (still are). We call to vent, we call to laugh, and sometimes we call to cry. God gave me a friend and I couldn't have asked for a better one.

We have had times of excitement, happiness, sadness, nervousness, emotion, devastation, and we have always gotten through it. There were times that one of us would fall apart, and the other was there to put the pieces together. I would not be the woman I am today without Michelle. She gives me strength to get through the tough days and encourages me that there is tomorrow.

Fast forward... graduation! Michelle and Adam are engaged, John and I are engaged! Michelle and Adam move about an hour away to be by Adam's work. John and I are in Columbus. We both got married. (maids of honor who couldn't make it through a speech if we were being PAID!) *I was a blubbering mess... but to my defense, she got married first.. it was hard to let me best friend go*

Now, here we are, both looking for full time classrooms and on the road to a family. Michelle and Adam have been blessed with TWINS! How exciting! (and I am already an honorary aunt... no big deal)

I know we aren't sharing a bedroom anymore, sharing a kitchen and eating dinner together everynight, or working on schoolwork together, but in many ways as we grew up and inadvertently apart, Michelle and I have remained so close. We talk to each other often and try to visit as much as our schedules allow. Today, spending time with my preggo friend made me realize how blessed I am to have her and her family (the Grant Avenue one and the Fieldcrest one) in my life. They are all so supportive and full of life and love. I can not wait to be there when my friend brings a baby girl and a baby boy into the world! The twins are already blessed with amazing parents. I pray nightly for their development and growth. I pray that they will be successful and seek education. I pray that they are kind and loving. I will add to my prayers tonight... that they will be blessed with a friendship that Michelle and I share.

Here are a few pictures of me and my best friend throughout the years. I have a few that are on an old and broken computer that I *wish* I could share:






Oh Boy... I think that of all of the wonderful experiences we have shared, there are not many pictures we have to choose from.
More picture taking must commence!

<3love you mich

-Alexis-

No comments:

Post a Comment