Sunday, March 4, 2012

Day.Seven.

Saturday. Usually a day to sit back, relax, and recoup...BUT there were other plans on my agenda! I drove home (to Martins Ferry, Ohio) about 2.5 hours and picked up my mom and two nieces, Blake and Rachael. I already had one niece, Kerrigan, in the car. We then headed straight to Pittsburgh, PA to see Disney on Ice! As we reached the Consol Energy Center, we had to pass the gloomy, dilapidated, Mellon Arena. It was sad to walk by it, but my feelings changed as I walked through the door of the new Arena/Center. It was beautiful! The smell of cotton candy filled the air, and the shiny floors made the little girls in glitter sparkle even more. We stopped to get a group shot-->

We climbed (well, I did, they chose the fun escalators) really high to get to our seats. The show started and we sang and danced through the whole thing! My favorite of course is Mulan. Her story is my favorite because she didn't just sit around, she stood up for herself and her family and got the job done! Very inspirational. On our way home, the suspense was rising. We were planning a surprise birthday party for the now 13 year old, Blake, and 5 year old Rachael. (I got a present too! Woo Hoo!) We got home and SURPRISE! The party was full of presents, food and cake! We got Blake REAL make-up. I did a small little lesson to teach her how to put it on right <so she doesn't look like a clown> and so she can keep it simple. As for Rachael, we got her a book and a gift card to Toys 'R' Us. She "neeeeeds" Ken dolls to be her princes! I got to see a lot of people that I hadn't for a while. I got to see my cousin and aunt from Cleveland, of course my nieces and two of my favorite girls, Courtney and Kaley. ((I will do a whole post about them later)) Kerrigan and I headed to Alissa and Clayton's house to sleep. I got to see little miss Mia. She always brings a smile to my face. She is one of the happiest babies ever!

Saturday was full of family and the crazy, loud, eventful times we have together. I don't love the drive home...but once I get there, it is hard to stay for a few hours. I mean, look at these faces, do you blame me? They are amazing and full of personality! Whew!

Here are a few fun photos from the eventful Saturday. Stay tuned for the eventful Sunday...
 The Girls (and momma) watching the show!
 True Princesses (She is my birthday buddy)
 -Courtney and Kaley-
Miss Mia giving herself her nighttime bottle! So Big! :)

Coming up...Sunday, the day of rest, or is it?

-Alexis-

No comments:

Post a Comment