Sunday, April 22, 2012

Day.Fifty.Three.

Thursday.
I was on a high because of how well I had run yesterday. So, I decided I would do a short run to the front of our community and back. I checked the milage when I was driving home. It was a total of 1.6 miles. I think that would be a great run on the off-day. I decided that I would take Adi. Maybe she could get some muscle on her thin frame. We are gaining weight, but we would like it to be muscle.

So, I came home, changed, and we were off. I did not have a solution on where to keep my inhaler. My shorts do not have a pocket. Any suggestions? (I had to put it in my bra... not really comfortable) Anyway... We were off and Adi seemed to be having fun. We made it ALMOST to the front of the community when she just stopped. I mean stopped stopped. Not walking, not budging! I am sure that people who were driving by couldn't help but chuckle. I was pulling with all of my strength. Her neck was stretching out, but her feet were not moving! Well, I had a goal in mind, and she wasn't having it. So frustrating!! So, after about 5 minutes of trying to coax her to keep running, I decided to turn around. I did turn around and off she went, running! Who is this dog? It was nice to run outside and enjoy the fresh air. It was a beautiful day, overflowing with sunshine.

We did end up going 1.2 miles, so not too bad for Adi's first run. I was proud. I was so happy that my app that I use was helpful and tracked the process.

I give our run a 3/5. It felt good.
(true fact)

-Alexis

No comments:

Post a Comment