Monday, April 2, 2012

Day.Thirty.Five.

SPRING BREAK IS HERE!

I am working... every day, but I thought I would share something. The program I work for offers an All Day SACC program during spring break for families who are working. (which is many) I had a bit of anxiety being the opening manager this morning and hoping that the students would respond to me. Let me tell you.. I was so pleased when I left! They were so fabulous today and there were 57 of them!

Accomplishments:
1. All three activities (grass planting, bubble painting, and resistance water color painting) ALL completed!
2. We did DEAR time... (silent reading) and ALL 57 kids were silent and READING! I was nervous, but I even had a child who was so proud of himself for how much he read. He didn't seem like the kid who reads for pleasure or on grade level <I could be wrong.. but just by my observations> and he asked for a bookmark so he could save his place for tomorrow! It was a BIG accomplishment to have all reading and trying. Made me smile.
3. I made it through day 1 of spring break with a great staff by my side. Whew.
Bring it on day 2! We have a lot more in store for you!

((I didn't get my nap in.. but I will at some point this week))

*Off to enjoy pizza and relaxing with my hubs... as soon as he gets home from baseball*

-Alexis-

No comments:

Post a Comment