Sunday, April 22, 2012

Day.Forty.Nine.

Sunday. I was excited to go to the new church again, but we decided to stay home as we have a lot to do. I have been reading The Leader in Me by Steven Covey. I know that the school I am interviewing with tomorrow is a Leader in Me school. I needed to get it read. So, that is what I did. I read, and read, and read. It is a good view of how schools create a common language for the Seven Habits of Highly Effective People and the students are succeeding! I look forward to implementing some of the information and verbage from the book into my classroom. It definitely makes me want to read more about the subject matter and even visit the pilot school. (I will have to save to make that trip!)

John was busy working on his masters work again today. Sundays are a drag around here. Full of work. He is so close to being done. It will be welcomed by both when it is over. It is hard to watch him just toil away at his MBA. SO SOON... I keep trying to remind him. (I'll let you know how next week  goes... last week!)

Because we were just working around in the house, we were really bumming it. We didn't look good AT ALL! I was pretty ashamed when I looked in the mirror later that day. But I had a goal to finish that book, and I accomplished it! We got a surprise Facetime call from our cousins in Tulsa. Zooey is only 6 weeks older than her cousin Mia Grace. I think it is amazing to see how much she has even changed since their baptism on Palm Sunday! Well... we got a special treat to see... ZOOEY WALKING! It was so cute to see her waddle around the back porch. The wonderful things that technology can do. It is amazing. I would have never been able to view that live.. and now.. I can! What a blessing!

The night ended with a bit of positive self-talk, updating some things in my portfolio, and trying to calm my nerves. A full-time classroom is my goal. (as many of you know) This is my chance! As I laid down in bed, so many things ran through my mind. I do not know how I got any sleep...

ZzZzZzZzZ...

-Alexis

No comments:

Post a Comment